I thought I would share the script I made to create 10,000 test users in an NT 4.0 domain for my test lab. I should note a couple of things:
- When I first ran this script, my domain only had the default ‘guest’ and ‘administrator’ accounts.
- I used Visual Basic Script (VBS) which does not require pre-defining of variables or variable types (adding ‘option explicit’ requirements would case the script to fail)
- The script was ran from a command line as ‘cscript.exe CreateUsersWinNtObj.vbs’
- No checking was performed to verify that the user ID was unique (in a ‘real’ domain this could cause a problem.
- This script was not tested with Active Directory domains. However, the code would most likely work — creating all 10,000 users in the default “cn=users” container.
If you have any questions please let me know.